Want a quick and easy recipe to cook something special for your Pup?
All you need is 3 basic ingredients you can find in your kitchen pantry
A ripe banana
So how does this all come together to make delicious treats for your pup?
1 1/2 cups gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (No added oils, sugars, preservatives, or flavouring)
*Please make sure you read the label on the peanut butter you are using. The product Xylitol is extremely toxic to dogs*
1 large ripe banana (or 2 medium bananas), smashed
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C
2. Blitz the old-Fashioned rolled oats in a blender until you have a fine flour, or, alternatively, use oat flour instead. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, smash the peanut butter and ripe banana.
4. Add the oat flour and smash with a fork until the dough is thick and well combined. If it’s crumbly, add 2-4 Tablespoons more peanut butter and recombine. You want the dough to be firm, sticky, and pliable
If making treats with a cookie cutter;
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
6. Roll dough into a thin slab, about ~1/4 inch thick, and cut into shapes with a cookie cookie.
If making treats with a silicon mould;
7. Place the mixture into silicon moulds for baking.
8. Bake for ~15 minutes until lightly brown underneath.
9. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before sampling or sharing with your pup!
Store the treats in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks!
Please note that I did not create this recipe, there are a number of websites out there with this recipe and I do not take any credit for any of the information provided above.
All I want to do with this post, is to share an easy recipe for you and your pup to enjoy
This post is for you to use, enjoy and share
Please remember that Xylitol is extremely toxic to dogs, so make sure that you check the label on the peanut butter product before use and make sure that you are using a natural peanut butter.
Leave me a comment about your experiences with this recipe or other recipes you would like posted